The 2020 Subaru Outback and 2020 Subaru Legacy are being recalled even as initial deliveries of the redesigned wagon-like crossover and sedan arrive at dealerships.
A missing or loose bolt in the brake pedal mount can impair braking and increase the risk of a crash, Subaru reported to the NHTSA on September 18.
Subaru will notify owners by mail or email soon, and dealers will inspect and replace the hardware or brake pedal assembly, if necessary, for free. Outback and Legacy owners can call Subaru customer service at 1-844-373-6614, visit the Subaru recall site, or check their VIN with federal officials.
Read more from Internet Brands Automotive:
- First drive review: 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo runs laps around EV performance expectations
- Australia to use hidden cameras to catch drivers using their phones
- Review update: 2020 Nissan 370Z celebrates 50 with the same old Z-car feel
- 2020 Hyundai Kona Electric comes better-equipped for cold snaps
- The most insane Power Wheels Porsche 911 GT3 is powered by a motorcycle engine